Flawless Victory! The Renton City Retro video game convention returns at full capacity.
Video game enthusiasts can attend the convention at the Renton Pavilion Events Center from Saturday, Aug. 6 to Sunday, Aug. 7, though there’s room for comic book fans, anime fans and general devotees to anything geeky.
“I’m looking forward to this year’s Renton City Retro. I think it’s something we need. Especially during tough times,” said Emilio Morales, founder of Renton City Retro. “It’s something for everybody, a break from work, from stress. It’s a time for you to let go and just be a gamer and be with gamers.”
The 2022 Retro convention will have FreePlay, VR, panels, vendors, artists, special guests and gaming tournaments with standard COVID protocols in place.
There are two tournaments on Saturday with a prize of two VIP party tickets. The Tetris High Score Challenge is on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. and a Street Fighter 2 tournament on Saturday from 1-3 p.m. There is a Halo 2 tournamenet on Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. with a prize being a $100 gift card.
Special guests include Colin Aceves, Derp and Todd, Egypt, Bizsnes, Tommy Rice, Kelsey Lewin and Randall Ng.
The convention will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days, with a VIP party on Saturday, Aug. 7 from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tickets are on sale at the Renton City Retro website for adults and kids, with prices ranging from $15 to $65 depending on the day and the desired access:
- $65 for one adult, includes VIP party entry, early convention entry and unlimited weekend access.
- $40 for one adult, includes unlimited access for Saturday and Sunday but excludes VIP party
- $20 for one kid age 6-12, includes unlimited access for Saturday and Sunday but must be accompanied by an adult
- $30 for one adult, includes unlimited access for Saturday
- $15 for one kid age 6-12, includes unlimited access for Saturday but must be accompanied by an adult
- $25 for one adult or kid age 6-12, includes includes unlimited access for Sunday
More information can be found at Rentoncityretro.com