A Go-Fund-Me fundraiser has been started on behalf of the family that perished in a Tukwila apartment fire earlier this week.
Two adults and a child were confirmed as deceased by authorities after first responders battled a three-alarm fire for several hours in the apartment complex at S 151 St and 65th Ave on Tuesday, Aug. 17.
The roof of the complex eventually caved-in and a landslide warning prompted evacuations in the area after water used to fight the fire was believed to have weakened the structural integrity of the hill the building stood on.
The three victims of the fire are believed to be a couple and their child, according to the Go-Fund-Me page that claims to be raising funds on behalf of the parents of the mother that passed.
The webpage reads this:
“My daughter Ali, son in law Bear and grandson Elliott were taken from us in that terrible apartment complex fire on Tuesday. Our hearts are broken and as I want to tell you all how important and great they were to us, I just don’t have it in me. I will update with info regarding memorials and all that stuff as we start to get it all together. I will also be posting tons of stuff about them on here as I start to feel life again. Take care of each other. Please. We are all we have.”
The page has raised nearly $12,000 in one day of being created.