Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority responded to a fire at a house on Wednesday, April 26 in the 13100 block of 214 Way Southeast in Kent, near Fairwood.
According to a press release, the fire was started from multiple battery chargers that were plugged into a single wall outlet. A child, who was in the room at the time, said she heard popping noises but was not aware of the fire starting until her mother smelled the smoke and saw the fire under the bedroom door. Her son entered the bedroom, carried his sister outside, and the rest of the family
A fire engine arrived and extinguished the fire. Supporting units checked all the other rooms and determined the fire was contained in the bedroom.
Red Cross was called to help relocate the family due to heavy smoke.