Fire started by discarded cigarette damages home in Benson Hill area | UPDATED

Mother and two kids escaped without injuries.

Renton Regional Fire Authority responded to a residential fire last night in the Benson Hill area.

A woman and her two children escaped the house safely, according to a RRFA PIO Twitter.

The fire started due to a discarded cigarette that was outside the front porch. Residents inside woke up when the fire knocked out the living room window.

There estimated damage to the house is around $60,000 and $8,000 worth of belongings were damaged.

Red Cross arrived on scene and helped the residents find temporary shelter.