The Greater Kent Historical Society, the Ethnic Heritage Council and the University of Washington Libraries and 4Culture present We are History Keepers, a free workshop on preserving the cultural and historical records of ethnic community organizations and families.
The workshop will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 7, at the Kent Senior Activity Center, 600 E. Smith St. Those wanting to attend should RSVP by Sept. 25 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sorting and preserving an organization’s paper and digital records
• Preserving family and personal records, ephemera and book collections
• Organizing and preserving photos, films and audio/visual collections
• Promoting your history through oral history, exhibits and special projects
• The State of Heritage in King County – Presented by 4Culture
There also will be special display by the Kent Japanese community.
An ethnic lunch provided by the Iraqi Women’s Association of Kent can be purchased for a $10 donation. Those who want to have lunch should indicate their desire when they RSVP to the workshop.