- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Hazen sends seven to wrestling district meet
Hazen high school wrestling finished fourth at the Seamount/ King-co Sub regional tournament this last weekend.
Thanks to their strong showing at the sub-districts, the Highlanders will be sending seven wrestlers and two alternates to Kelso this weekend to fight for their chance to wrestle at the Mat Classic State Tournament at the Tacoma Dome.
Nik Vargas and Zach Moore (120 lbs.), Malik Haythorne (145 lbs.), Jeremy Hazlett and Jimmy Huynh (160 lbs.), Erik Johannessen (170 lbs.) and Jairo Barahona (182 lbs.) earned automatic bids into Regionals.
Abdu “Muhammad” Ali and Cole Thatcher earned alternate spots.
The wrestlers take to the mats at 10 a.m. Saturday at Kelso High School for their shot at the Mat Classic.