- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Lindbergh girls ride big third quarter to win against Highline
The Lindbergh girls basketball team rallied to beat Highline Friday 33-23 in their final regular season tune-up before sub-districts.
Lindbergh's Alexandria Witherspoon led all scorers with 11 points in the game, followed by Aajua Brooks with 8.
The Highline Pirates went out to an early lead, taking a 12-10 lead into the half.
But the Eagles returned to the floor fired up for the second half, outscoring Highline 17-6 in the third and then 6-5 in the fourth to hold on for the win.
The Eagles head into Wednesday's sub-district matchup with Fife with a 9-11 overall record and a 7-7 confernece record.