- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Local teams pick up non-league wins | Basketball
The Renton boys basketball team won its season opener 58-38 over Roosevelt Wednesday.
The Indians trailed 11-8 after the first quarter, but quickly took the lead with a 15-9 run in the second. Leading by five after three quarters, Renton went on a 23-8 run to end the game.
Justin Peinh and Lavelle Smith each scored 14 for Renton. Jonathan Patterson scored 12.
Hazen 81, Chief Leschi 46
Hazen topped Chief Leschi 81-46 in a non-league game Wednesday.
The Highlanders (1-1) led 25-9 after one quarter. Isaiah Davis scored 23 points, while Dominic Green added 12.
Renton 53, Holy Names 50
The Renton girls basketball team opened the season with a 53-50 non-league win against Holy Names Thursday.
The Indians trailed 15-6 after the first quarter and 24-18 at the half. Renton made a 26-6 run in the third to take the lead, then held off Holy Names' 20-9 run in the fourth.