- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Humorous observations of Renton Highlands Man
It has been fascinating to read in the Renton Reporter about Highlands Man – a tantalizing glimpse into the past. When I came to page 19 of your June 4 issue, though, the article became rather entertaining: “The goal is to gather all of the young man’s remains and give them a proper burial, hopefully under the watchful eye of his ancestors, if they can be located.”
I suppose if their graves were better marked than his, you could track down their headstones, though I doubt his ancestors’ mortal remains are in possession of any kind of “watchful eye.”
Maybe you intend to bring in a spiritual medium to try to summon them from beyond the veil. But if that were your intent, why not just summon the young man himself and ask him a few questions to clear up the mystery? (Tongue in cheek.)
I wish James Chatters and Jason Cooper the best of luck in locating the young man’s descendants, who have a much better chance of being found alive today than his ancestors do.