- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mary Alice Heuschel shows stellar leadership | Letter to the editor
As someone who hired Dr. Mary Alice Heuschel during my School Board tenure to lead the Renton School District, I am intimately familiar with her work then and now. While challenges and changes are constant in our school district and in all public or private organizations of this size, Mary Alice's stellar leadership of her staff and the community focused on real student achievement is recognized throughout the state and the nation.
Mary Alice Heuschel is an ideal choice and this is an ideal time for voters in the Valley Medical Center District to elect Mary Alice for Public Hospital Commissioner. She is an experienced executive, fiscally responsible budget manager, and has been highly effective in multiple board positions. Mary Alice knows first hand the needs of South King County's growing population and our region's ethnic and economic diversity. And she understands how vital Valley Medical's public hospital, professionals, quality patients services, and connections to UW Medicine are right here in our local communities.