- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Remembering Barbara Mitchell | Renton Reporter editorial
Barbara Mitchell had a long title at Valley Medical Center: senior vice president for Human Resources and Marketing.
But it was really the short words that spoke to her as a person and colleague: Mom, grandma, friend, fair, gracious, tenacious.
All those words were used Wednesday to describe Mitchell at a celebration of her life at the medical center’s Healing Garden. Mitchell died earlier this month.
That bright color was an important part of her life was much in evidence, with colorful scarves worn by the hundreds in attendance and the bright balloons sent aloft by them carrying messages to her.
Mitchell left her own mark behind and in doing so helped improve the medical care available to everyone served by Valley Medical. Her words and vision helped shape Valley’s message of caring and care for its patients and employees. In the larger community, her advice and wisdom were sought after.
That is how Barbara Mitchell will be remembered.