Why am I voting for Diane Dobson?
1. I see her everywhere in our community. She is passionately involved in our community, the downtown core and North Renton.
2. Her organizational skills are amazing.
3. She gets involved. She rolls up her sleeves and puts in all her heart. At nearly every event she is either in charge or active and helping with the leaders of our community and those helping.
4. She motivates others to get involved. I think she could round up a posse for anything kind of work in Renton.
5. When I met Diane her eyes met mine, straight in. She feels you. She is passionate and she is not a gossip. She does not come with an attitude. This person has a non-attitudinal spirit of which many of us could use. Involvement in our neighborhood is important for a community council member as they will embrace the needs of the community as a whole, without prejudice.
6. Friendship to newcomers. I am voting for her is because I am her friend. She has become my friend and nothing is more satisfying as voting for someone you know.
7. She is inclusive. I think she will include everyone who wants to be included. She took the time to understand me and I love her for that. She takes the time for everyone, not just her favorites, her own friends or her own family. That is what a council member must be — impartial. She represents our voice.
8. Schools: Diane Dobson went to the public schools her child went to public schools. People who do not send their children to public schools have no direct way of knowing the needs of the public schools.
9. Involvement. She is involved and if someone needs something she will get involved and be there.
10. She is seen and approachable. She is a huge part of our community that promotes goodness, charity and outstanding leadership qualities. I like to see our council members involved. We need a voice that will speak for the people.
One last point I feel pressed to make is that businesses are not what makes Renton our place. It’s the community, all of us. We have crime and vagabonds on our streets in the downtown core and North Renton. The steep Renton Hill is getting the over pour of the downtown and North Renton vagabonds.