Renton Regional Fire Authority responded to a house fire that occurred May 3 on the 18000 block of 196 Avenue Southeast, Maple Valley.
A house’s detached garage with a mother-in-law apartment above was damaged from a fire that started from a battery charger malfunction. The King County fire investigator determined the fire to be accidental.
Two people were treated on scene for minor smoke inhalation, according to a press release.
Units from RRFA, along with Maple Valley Fire & Life Safety and Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority initially responded to the fire around 4:45 p.m.
It took firefighters about 25 minutes to isolate and extinguish the fire.