- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Teacher with Kent, Renton connections wanted on criminal charges for having sex with student
A teacher with connections to the Kent and Renton school districts has been charged with first-degree sexual misconduct, for reportedly having sex with a student when she was teaching at Garfield High School in Seattle.
Taryn Fairbanks, 33, previously known as Taryn Stermer, is now living in Las Vegas, after resigning from Garfield approximately a month ago, according to the Seattle Times.
She reportedly worked for the Kent and Renton school districts previously.
Check back for local updates to this story.