- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Rodent in transformer caused RTC outage that canceled classes
A rodent shut down Renton Technical College Monday.
College crews determined a power outage last weekend was caused by a rodent within a transformer circuitry, according to college spokeswoman, Kendra Smith.
The transformer arced, disrupting electrical service to the campus, she said.
"Proper testing of conductors and cabling was necessary to rule out other causes before electrical service could be restored," said Smith.
Classes resumed their regular schedule on Tuesday. Whether students will be able to make up the lost time has not yet been determined, she said.