- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman in critical condition after collision on Northeast Fourth
A woman was injured this afternoon after being hit by a car while she was in a crosswalk on Northeast Fourth Street near Queen Avenue Northeast.
The woman, who is approximately 40, was transported to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition. The woman was in the crosswalk when she was struck.
She was hit at approximately 1:10 p.m. by a truck pulling a boat trailer.
It does not appear that alcohol was a factor in this collision. Traffic on Northeast Fourth Street near Queen Avenue is currently limited to one lane in each direction.
The location is the site of a new crosswalk, installed last year following an accident in which two teens were hit by a car trying to cross Northeast Fourth last year in a similar location.
This collision is being investigation by the Renton Police Traffic Unit. Anyone who observed the collision is asked to call 425-430-7500 reference case 14-8509.
CORRECTION: Due to confusion in the newsroom, this initially stated this was a hit and run collision. The story has been corrected. We apologize for the error.