- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
New outdoor equipment installed at Coulon
Now parents can exercise at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park and watch their kids in the process. The City of Renton recently purchased two pieces of outdoor 'elliptical' exercise equipment located adjacent to the park's playground area.
The purchase was part of the South King County multi-city "I" CANN initiative, a collaborative effort to help reduce not only childhood, but adult obesity. As part of the effort, the City of Renton and Valley Medical are leading the charge to help educate children and families about this chronic health issue.
The organizations are joined by eight local cities, King County Public Health, King County Parks, businesses and organizations all promoting healthy activity opportunities and nutritional information.
There are plans for additional outdoor exercise equipment to be installed in other parks in the future.