- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Ivar's considering expansion at Coulon Park
Grilled seafood is coming to Coulon Park. Ivar's at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park is working on a limited expansion to their restaurant there.
Ivar's at Coulon is considering adding an outdoor grill, so they can do more than have fried fish on their menu, according to Peter Renner, City of Renton facilities director. The company needs approval from the Washington state Recreation and Conservation Office, which handles the grants that originally established the park.
“We respect the need to honor the terms of the original grant that recreation is the purpose of the park," said Renner via email about the city's involvement. "We also support the added value that two popular restaurants bring to the park users’ total park experience."
The limited expansion would also include replacing Ivar's outdoor furniture and a minor facelift to Kidd Valley. There is no timeline for the construction yet.