News

No one hurt in downtown Renton apartment fire Tuesday

No one was injured in a fire at a two-story apartment building Tuesday afternoon in downtown Renton, according to the Renton fire department.

The American Red Cross was helping two families displaced by the fire. Two dogs were rescued.

Renton Fire & Emergency Services Department responded to the fire at about 3:20 p.m. in the 400 Block of Burnett Avenue South. There was smoke and flames on the first floor, extending to the second floor.

Damage was confined to one first-floor unit, with smoke damage to three other units. The fire started in the bedroom of the first-floor unit, spreading to a bedroom on the second floor.

The cause of the accidental fire was electrical, according to the fire department.

Damage to the building was estimated at  $50,000 and $20,000 to contents.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates