- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
REACH in urgent need of donations
The Renton Ecumenical Association of Churches is urgently seeking donations for its ARISE program.
Bryn Mawr United Methodist has been providing breakfast, lunch and snacks for the men of ARISE this month, but are at the end of what they can do, according to the organizations web site. REACH is asking the larger community to help with providing volunteers and the following donations:
- Lunch meat
- Cheese slices
- Bottled water
- Cereal bars
- Hot dogs
- Cup of noodles
- Any other individually wrapped snack items
Volunteers are needed to make sandwiches at the Salvation Army from 11 a.m. to Noon, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Volunteers are also needed to pick up lunches and snacks at 5:30 p.m. at the Salvation Army and drop them off at Bryn Mawr, 8016 S 116th St, Seattle. Donations can also be dropped off between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., on Monday and Wednesday, at the Harambee Church building, 316 S. Third St., Renton.
The ARISE program goes through a lot of food, which is costing REACH hundreds of dollars a week, according to Maggie Breen, REACH executive director.
For more information, visit www.reachrenton.org. To make alternative arrangements for dropping off donations, email Tracyc@reachrenton and volunteers are asked to contact Breen at Maggie@standrewpc.org.