- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Renton man pleads not guilty in slaying of girlfriend
A 20-year-old Renton man pleaded not guilty Thursday to first-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend April 12 at their Renton apartment.
Gabriel G. Navarro is being on $2 million bail at the county jail at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.
His next court date is 1 p.m. May 29 at the justice center for case setting.
Allison Leedy, also 20, was strangled to death, according to the King County Medical Examiner's Office, which ruled her death a homicide. Navarro was arrested at the scene on Eagle Ridge Ridge Drive after calling 911.
He was charged with first-degree murder, domestic violence, April 15.
Prosecutors wrote in charging documents that Navarro had at least two motives to kill Leedy: "his desire to prevent her from leaving him and his desire to punish her family for trying to help her get away from him."