- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Detectives looking for vehicle that hit patrol car on I-405
At approximately 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night, a Washington State Patrol patrol car was struck on southbound Interstate 405 near 160th Street while investigating a separate two vehicle collision.
The trooper’s patrol car had its emergency lights activated and was blocking the right lane when another vehicle, which was approaching the collision scene, slowed to go around the patrol car. That vehicle was struck by a second vehicle, possibly a mini-van, which caused the first vehicle to strike the left front wheel of the patrol car, leaving it damaged and unable to steer.
The causing vehicle fled the scene.
Anyone that may have seen the collision or have information are asked to call Detective Sergeant Stacey Moate at 425-401-7745.