- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Today is the final day to sign up for healthcare
Today marks the deadline to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, also known as "Obamacare."
Anyone who is currently uninsured can get financial and health security by enrolling at the Washington Healthplanfinder website.
And for individuals who are having trouble accessing the website, help is available via telephone hotline or in-person enrollment events.
You can learn quickly (and anonymously) if you qualify for a discounted plan by entering some basic information at the Washington Healthplanfinder website – just choose “find and compare plans.” However, experts caution not to wait until the last minute, because choosing which insurance plan is best for you can take some time.
Open enrollment applies to those who are eligible for reduced cost insurance, with incomes from 139-400 percent of federal poverty level. Another open enrollment period comes next fall. And for those at lower incomes, enrollment continues all year in Washington Apple Health.
Most people have successfully enrolled online, with minimal assistance.
• 115,100 newly enrolled in King County since Oct. 1, 2013
• 406,263 newly enrolled in Washington state
• 110 enrollment assistance events listed on King County’s website
• By phone, 1-855-923-4633 is the state’s toll-free help-line
• Online tips for solving enrollment obstacles – at a special enrollment website, www.kingcounty.gov/coverage.
• In-person assistance events are listed on King County’s website and can be sent to your cell phone via text-message, by texting KING + your zip code to 468311.