- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Time running out to sign up for healthcare plan
Just over one week remains in the first-ever opportunity to buy health insurance with deep federal subsidies. Anyone who is currently uninsured can get financial and health security by enrolling at the Washington Healthplanfinder website.
Individuals must sign up by March 31.
And for individuals who are having trouble accessing the website, help is available via telephone hotline or in-person enrollment events.
Find out what it would cost:
You can learn quickly (and anonymously) if you qualify for a discounted plan by entering some basic information at the Washington Healthplanfinder website – just choose “find and compare plans.” However, experts caution not to wait until the last minute, because choosing which insurance plan is best for you can take some time.
Open enrollment applies to those who are eligible for reduced cost insurance, with incomes from 139-400 percent of federal poverty level. Another open enrollment period comes next fall. And for those at lower incomes, enrollment continues all year in Washington Apple Health.
Most people have successfully enrolled online, with minimal assistance.
• 115,100 newly enrolled in King County since Oct. 1, 2013
• 406,263 newly enrolled in Washington state
• 110 enrollment assistance events listed on King County’s website
• In-person assistance will be available from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at teh Renton Community Serivce Office, 500 S.W. 7th St., Suite B.
• By phone, 1-855-923-4633 is the state’s toll-free help-line
• Online tips for solving enrollment obstacles – at a special enrollment website, www.kingcounty.gov/coverage.