- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Renton man kills himself in Auburn after police pursuit on SR 167
A Renton man killed himself after leading Washington State Patrol officers on a chase on State Route 167 early Wednesday morning.
According to the WSP, the 34-year-old man eluded patrol officers when they tried to pull him over for a traffic violation at SR 167 and South 180th Street in Renton at about 12:50 a.m.
As the suspect led troopers down southbound SR 167 into Auburn, a WSP trooper deployed a spike strip and the driver ran over it, deflating his tires near 15th Street Northwest in Auburn. At that point, the suspect suddenly swerved towards the median, hit a guardrail and came to a stop in the median.
When troopers approached the vehicle they found the man inside dead from an apparent gunshot wound.