- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Three injured in four-vehicle accident on I-405
A Renton man and two passengers in his car were injured Wednesday evening in a four-vehicle accident on northbound Interstate 405 that involved three cars and a box truck.
Victorino Hernendez Rosas, 55, Alicia Victorio, 46, and Kimberly Hernandez Rodriguez, 4, were all transported to Harborview Medical Center following the accident.
According to the Washington State Patrol, a box truck driven by Joshua Johnson of Kent was traveling north on I-405 swerved into another lane in an attempt to slow down due to traffic ahead, striking the 1998 Honda Civic driven by Hernendez Rosas.
The Civic spun out across all lanes, coming to a rest n the exit ramp to Northeast 44th Street.
The truck continued northbound, striking a 1992 Mazda Pickup as well, pushing into a 2006 Chevrolet Van.
The drivers of the truck, Mazda and van were not injured.
Police blame the accident on following too close and inattention on the part of the truck driver. Charges are pending.