- About Us
Headed to Folklife this weekend? Metro is running special shuttles from the Renton Park and Ride
King County Metro Transit buses will operate on a Sunday schedule for Memorial Day – Monday, May 27 – and provide special shuttle bus service Saturday through Monday to the Folklife Festival at the Seattle Center. Shuttles will operate from both the Northgate Transit Center and South Renton Park-and-Ride.
Other holiday transit service notes:
- The West Seattle Water Taxi route will be operating a Sunday schedule on Memorial Day, as will DART shuttle routes 773 and 775.
- The Vashon Island Water Taxi route will not be in service on Monday; and
- On Memorial Day, both the South Lake Union Streetcar and Link light rail will operate a Sunday schedule.
- Metro’s website has detailed holiday bus service information.
For Metro bus service, if a bus route does not normally operate on Sunday, there will be no service on Memorial Day. All Metro offices will be closed on the holiday, including the customer information phone lines. You can use the online Trip Planner for travel assistance.
Folklife Festival shuttles May 25-27
On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, May 25-27, Metro will operate shuttles for theNorthwest Folklife Festival at Seattle Center from both the Northgate Transit Center and the South Renton Park & Ride lot, in addition to all regularly scheduled Metro service that travels to or near the Seattle Center.
- Fares: The cost to ride the shuttle is $2.50 cash-only per person each way. Children aged 5 and under ride free. No passes, transfers or ORCA cards are accepted.
- Northgate Transit Center shuttle: The shuttle will start from Bay 5 and travel via Aurora Avenue North, serving limited stops along Aurora at or near North 105th, North 85th, North 76th and North 46th streets in both directions.
- South Renton Park-and-Ride shuttle: The shuttle will start from Bay 1 and will operate non-stop in both directions between the P&R and Seattle Center.
- At Seattle Center: Both shuttles arrive at and depart from the stop eastbound on Mercer Street just east of Third Avenue North.
- There are no shuttles on Friday, May 24. On Friday, and at other times during the event, regularly scheduled service on Metro routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 24, 33 and the RapidRide D Line serve Seattle Center directly. Routes 5, 16, 26, 28 and 358 go to within walking distance. Fare payment is required on all service.
- Metro Transit staff will be answering transit questions and selling ORCA cards at the festival Saturday and Sunday in Fisher Plaza.
Use Metro’s online trip planner to plan your trip to locations, destinations and events. Trip Planner itineraries are based on regularly scheduled service and do not include event shuttles or service that is rerouted, temporary or otherwise disrupted due to events, traffic, weather or other unexpected or short-term circumstances.