- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Thousands of runners coming to Renton for Seahawks 12K Run Sunday
Thousands of runners will converge on Renton Sunday for the 2013 Seahawks 12K Run starting and ending at The Landing, which will affect traffic in the area.
The 12K Run goes along the southeast shore of Lake Washington and offers participants a unique opportunity to run around the Seahawks training facility, the Virginia Mason Athletic Center.
The event will also feature the GLOW 5K Run/Walk that will tour The Landing and surrounding Renton neighborhoods, as well as the Seahawks Play 60 Half-Mile Kids Run that will be completely contained within The Landing and not part of the public right-of-way.
The Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing will collect donations on behalf of A Better Seattle (ABS).
Here’s how the events will affect traffic:
• Northbound and southbound Lake Washington Boulevard North will be closed between North Park Drive and I-405 (near Seahawks Way) on Sunday, April 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Local circulation between minor intersecting streets and driveways will be allowed where possible only when it does not jeopardize the safety of the runners.
• Park Avenue North southbound will be closed between North Park Drive and North Fourth Street at 8:30 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 10:00 a.m.
• Park Avenue North northbound will be closed at North Eighth Street at 8:30 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 9:30 a.m.
• North Eighth Street between Park Avenue North and Houser Way North, and Houser Way North between North Eighth Street and Lake Washington Boulevard North will be closed at 8:30 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 9:30 a.m.
• North Eighth Street between Logan Avenue North and Park Avenue North will be closed at 8:30 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 10:30 a.m.
• Logan Avenue North between North Third Street and Park Avenue North, and North Park Drive westbound between Logan Avenue North and Garden Avenue North, will be closed at 8:30 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 11:30 a.m.
The cost is $45 during late registration, scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. Sunday at Dick’s Sporting Goods at The Landing.
Registration for the GLOW 5K run/walk is $40 at late registration.
The Seahawks Play 60 Kids Run registration is $10.