King County Board of Health to meet next week
February 14, 2013 · 11:21 AM
The King County Board of Health will hold its next meeting at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the King County Council Chambers, 10th Floor, King County Courthouse, 516 3rd Avenue, Room 1001, Seattle.
The expected agenda is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Announcement of any alternates serving in place of regular members
4. Approval of Minutes of January 17, 2013
5. Public comments
6. Directors report
7. Election of Chair and Vice Chairs
Discussion and possible action
8. Resolution 13-03: A Resolution designating the order in which the vice‑chairs of the King County Board of Health may act in the absence of the chair in 2013.
9. Resolution 13-04: A Resolution adopting the 2013 work plan for the King County Board of Health.
10. Resolution 13-05: A Resolution calling on the Washington state Legislature to help improve the health of King County and Washington State residents by maintaining current levels of funding for foundational public health services and by securing the Medicaid expansion.
11. BOH Briefing 13-B04: Washington State Food Code adoption
Mark Rowe, Manager, Food and Facilities Section, Environmental Health Division, Public Health – Seattle & King County
12. BOH Briefing 13-B05: Secure Medicine Return policy concepts
Margaret Shield, PhD, Local Hazardous Waste Management Program
13. BOH Briefing 13-B06: Overview of 2014‑2019 Medic One/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Strategic Plan
Polly St. John, King County Council Central Staff
Jim Fogarty, Director, Emergency Medical Services, Public Health – Seattle & King County
14. BOH Briefing 13-B07: Legislative Update
Jennifer Muhm, Legislative Affairs Officer, Public Health – Seattle & King County
15. Chair's report
16. Board member updates
17. Administrator's report
18. Other business
If you have questions or need additional information about this agenda, please call 206-263-8791, or write to Maria Wood, Board of Health Administrator, via email at email@example.com or visit the King County Board of Health web pages at www.kingcounty.gov/health/boh.