- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
West Hill residents to meet fire chief candidates on Sunday
Residents of West Hill will have a chance to meet the six finalists for fire chief of King County Fire District 20 (Skyway Fire) on Sunday, Jan. 27.
The “Meet The Finalists For Fire Chief” is 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Fire Training/Administration Building, 12424 76th Ave. S., Skyway.
The public event will provide an opportunity to listen to the finalists and provide feedback to the fire commissioners as they begin their selection process.
Each finalist will have a few minutes to address the audience, then they'll mingle with those in attendance. There will be comment cards available for audience members to write their comments about the candidates to the fire commissioners.
The finalists will go through the final testing process on Jan. 27 and 28.
A similar event was held in October last year with selection of Fire Chief Michael Sherman. The Fire District and Sherman were unable to come to terms on a contract and the fire commissioners re-opened the position.
"We received 34 applications for the fire chief position," said fire district spokesman Dave Nelson. "Our levy was approved by voters in November and annexation was voted down. This gave the Fire District a solid future, including financially. These are six highly qualified fire personnel and the fire commissioners will have a tough time selecting who will replace Fire Chief Dave Crossen."
The finalists are:
• Richard Chaney, battalion chief with South King Fire & Rescue
• Mark Chubb, last position was interim fire chief of Woodinville Fire & Rescue
• Michael Jackson, fire chief, City of Woodland
• Kenneth Morgan, recently retired deputy fire chief of Clark County Fire Department in Nevada
• James Price – fire chief, Baker City, Ore.
• Terry Shields – retired deputy chief of the Phoenix Fire Department
King County Fire District 20 includes volunteer and career firefighters, serving the residents of West Hill neighborhoods of Skyway, Lakeridge, Bryn Mawr and Campbell Hill.