- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Nominations for Renton teacher awards sought
The Renton Chamber of Commerce and the Seattle Seahawks are asking students, parents, school district staff and the community to nominate Renton teachers to a special award.
Nominations for the annual Renton Chamber of Commerce Ahead of the Class awards are being sought. It is an opportunity for the community to recognize the work educators do to nurture and prepare students for a productive future, a district press release states.
The Seattle Seahawks are the main sponsor for the awards. Recognized teachers will receive a cash award of $500 and be honored at a special, invitation-only, award ceremony in mid-April at the Seahawks headquarters and training center.
Nominations, which can be submitted online here, are due by February 1.