- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Lots of rain is on the way; Cedar River well below flood stage
The Cedar River through Renton is running well below flood stage as a series of wet Pacific storms move through Western Washington.
Minor flooding occurs when the river measures 13 feet at a gage near the downtown library; at 9:15 a.m. Monday the flow was measured at 9.77 feet.
The National Weather Service in Seattle is predicting up to 2 inches of rain in the lowlands today, with the rain continuing through much of the week. The storms will bring snow to the mountains at higher elevations. Monday morning, it was raining on Snoqualmie Pass.
The weather service has issued a flood watch through Tuesday afternoon for parts of Western Washington, including Grays Harbor, King, Pierce and Thurston counties. The rivers most at risk are in Pierce county and in southwest Washington and possibly the Snoqualmie River.
The weather service has issued an advisory for King and other Western Washington counties for urban flooding and flooding along small streams, in part because of storm drains clogged by leaves.
The heavy rainfall could mean a high risk of landslides in the region as soils become even more saturated, according to the weather service
• Today Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 53. Southeast wind 16 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 pecent.
• Tonight Rain. Low around 47. South wind 13 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
• Tuesday Rain. High near 52. Southeast wind 7 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Tuesday Night Rain. Low around 44. South wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
• Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 47. South southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
• Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
• Thanksgiving Day Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
• Thursday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45.
Rain is likely next weekend, too.