- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Cold weather delays HOT lanes
A cold, wet spring means that the state Department of Transportation will delay by a week the opening of the new high-occupancy toll (HOT) lanes on State Route 167 between Renton and Auburn.
The lanes were originally scheduled to open this Saturday. However, because of recent rain and snow, crews have been unable to paint a second white stripe that will delineate the lanes. That work was to be done this week.
Now, the lanes will open Saturday, May 3. Carpoolers can use the lanes for free; solo drivers must get a special transponder for their vehicle that will be used to collect an electronic toll.
Solo drivers can open a Good To Go! account to www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo.
Drivers can also get information and open an account in person at the mobile Good to Go! customer service office from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday (April 24) on the platform of the Kent Station Transit Center, 301 Railroad Ave. N., Kent.