- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman killed when car drives into Farmer's Insurance office on Logan Avenue
A woman inside the Farmers Insurance office at Logan Avenue and Tobin Avenue near Renton Memorial Stadium was killed Wednesday morning when a car drove into the building.
Information about the woman was not immediately available.
The driver of the car, an 80-year-old woman, was not seriously injured. The woman turned from Airport Way onto Logan Avenue and was parking to patronize a nearby business.
The accident was reported at about 10:50 a.m. Wednesday.
The driver had to be removed from the car, which had trapped the woman inside the building. CPR was performed at the scene.
There was a large police presence directing traffic. Logan Avenue was closed and Metro Transit was alerted to the road closures in the area.
No decision on will be made as to whether or not charges will be filed until the investigation is complete.
The Renton Reporter will have more details as they become available.