Bad weather forces cancelation of Monday's Snoqualmie Pass closure
October 22, 2012 · 4:24 PM
Rain and snow flurries are making it hard for crews to check off the few remaining items on their list before calling it quits for the season on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and construction crews cancelled the closure planned from 5 to 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, due to weather. If the weather clears, crews plan to close Snoqualmie Pass from Hyak to Price Creek from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, to remove debris and material from above the roadway.
Here are some tools to help drivers plan their trips:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.