- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Car crashes into pole at busy Fairwood intersection | Friday update
The motorist who drove into a traffic-signal pole in Fairwood Thursday afternoon is a 24-year-old Renton man.
According to the King County Sheriff's Office, the man was eastbound on Southeast Petrovitsky Road near 140th Avenue Southeast at about 3 p.m. in his 2008 Nissan Ultima, when he crossed the oncoming lanes and drove onto the sidewalk.
He continued down the sidewalk toward 140th Avenue and ran into the pole on the northwest corner of the intersection, according to the Sheriff's Office. The light pole collapsed, coming down in the intersection Speed was a factor in the accident, according to investigators.
The man was transported to a hospital with serious injuries. The road was closed into the evening for the investigation and because of the damaged pole.