- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Free shredathon is Saturday at Sam's Club in Renton
A free paper-shredding event at the Sam’s Club parking lot will benefit the Salvation Army Renton Rotary Food Bank and Renton police will provide information about identity theft.
Participants can bring up to five boxes of paper documents to the event from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at Sam’s Club, 901 S. Grady Way. Boxes should be 12 to 15 inches deep and 10 inches high, or bring the amount of paper that would fit in boxes that size.
Documents should be free of paper clips and other metal (staples do not need to be removed). Plastic items such as credit cards, notebooks and CDs cannot be accepted. Documents are limited to household papers, and will be shredded on site.
Iron Mountain will provide the shredding services. Donations of canned goods will be accepted for the Renton Food Bank.