- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
West Hill residents can meet fire chief finalists
King County Fire District 20 (Skyway Fire) will be hosting “Meet The Finalists For Fire Chief” on Sunday from 3-4:30 p.m. at the Fire Training/Administration Building, 12424 76th Ave. S.
The event is open to the public and will provide an opportunity to listen to the finalists and provide feedback to the fire commissioners as they begin their selection process.
Each of the finalists will be given a few minutes to address the audience in any way they wish. At the end of the presentations the candidates will mingle with the audience. There will be comment cards available for audience members to write their comments about the candidates. The cards will be forwarded to the fire commissioners.
The finalist are:
· Battalion Chief Gregory Cassell, Clark County Fire Department - Las Vegas, Nevada
· Fire Training Officer Martin Fowler, Snohomish Fire & Rescue - Snohomish,
· Fire Chief James Langborg, Fire Chief - Templeton, CA
· Fire Chief David Nielson, South Lane County Fire & Rescue - Cottage Grove, Ore.
· Former Renton and Maple Valley Fire Deputy Chief Lawrence Rude – Maple Valley
· Interim Fire Chief Michael Sherman at Idyllwild Fire Protection District - Idyllwild, Calif.
· Former Fire Chief Gregory Spencer of Yakima County Fire District #4 - Yakima, WA
Current Fire Chief Dave Crossen is retiring at the end of the year.
King County Fire District 20 is a combination district (volunteer and career) serving the residents of West Hill (Skyway, Lakeridge, Bryn Mawr, and Campbell Hill) just outside of Seattle and responds to more than 2,000 calls each year.