- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Wildfire and air quality and when is a drought NOT a drought? | Cliff Mass
Let's begin with an amazing MODIS satellite image showing the extensive smoke over eastern WA yesterday. The densest smoke is being produced by the fires near Wenatchee, but you can see another fire south of Mount Rainier--which is spreading NW over the southern Sound. Most of the eastern Washington smoke was spreading for northwestward into BC. At the same time, the eastern Pacific is full of low clouds, with some of it pushing into the Strait and southwest Washington.