- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
No suspects yet in Sunday's Skyway shooting
The King County Sheriff's Office is still investigating a fatal shooting that happened in the Skyway neighborhood Sunday morning.
Sometime after 1:35 a.m., deputies responded to a report of shots fired in the 5600 block of South Langston Road in the Renton community.When officers arrived, they discovered a Renton man in his early 20s shot and sitting in a car.
The Sheriff's Office learned from witnesses that the victim and a few friends were at a nearby residence celebrating the victim's birthday when the victim went outside to charge his cell phone in a friend's car.After the victim was discovered, life-saving efforts were performed to no avail and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies wrapped up their investigation at the scene Sunday morning, but were continuing their follow-up investigation Monday. So far, they can't say whether the shooting is gang-related or not. They have no suspects yet.