- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Renton students back to school Sept. 4
If the malls are nearly empty of teens and the Henry Moses Aquatic Center is lacking the younger crowd then it must be Tuesday, September 4. That is the official date students in the Renton School District will return to classes.
There will be an estimated 14,699 students filling the halls and classrooms in the district this year. That is a 272 student increase from the previous year.
“The increase in students is across all grade levels; so, they will be absorbed at all schools and in various grade levels,” said Randy Matheson, district spokesperson. “Last year the increase in students was 194 students.”
The opening of Honey Dew Elementary School with 460 students and the new Secondary Learning Center with 360 students total will help accommodate the increase in students this year, he said.