- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Skyway suspect charged
The King County Prosecutor's Office filed charges against the suspect Tuesday in the Skyway area shooting on August 1.
Kendric Carter, 18, has been charged with first degree manslaughter and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Carter is accused of "recklessly causing the death of his cousin Gerard Rogers, 19," Dan Donohoe, spokesperson for the prosecutor's office, stated via email on Tuesday.
Rogers was hit by a bullet from a gun Carter was handling. Carter remains in jail on $750,000 bail and an arraignment is scheduled for August 27 at the King County Courthouse.