- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Major closure on SR 167 planned for Aug. 10-13
A major closure of State Route 167 is planned for Aug. 10 due to an improvement project.
The 58-hour closure runs from 7:30 p.m. Aug. 10 to 5 a.m. on Aug. 13.
An estimated 265,000 vehicles will be diverted because the Washington Department of Transportation and its’ contractor, Scarsella Bros., will install a new fish-friendly culvert on Panther creek where it passes under SR 167 in Renton.
The work is part of a larger project for future SR 167 improvements and will help reduce seasonal flooding to properties along the west side of 167, according to a WSDOT press release.
Crews will remove and replace 65-feet of highway to install the 19-feet wide fish-friendly culvert. They will also work on several other maintenance projects in the work zone to reduce the need for future closures.
More information: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/I405/Sr167PantherCreek