- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Early morning shooting in West Hill leaves man dead
A 19-year-old man is dead after apparently suffering a gunshot wound to the chest this morning at a Skyway apartment.
King County Sheriff Deputies responded to the scene in the 13400 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Way around 12:30 a.m.
There were at least four other adults in the apartment with the victim when deputies arrived and entered the apartment.Four children, ages 2 to 7-years-old, were also sleeping in the unit. Two additional people apparently ran from the apartment, but officers don't know if they are suspects or were just upset because of the incident, said Sgt. Cindy West, spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office.
"Somebody has to know something, we just don't know yet," she said.
A neighbor reported seeing two black males run from the building shortly after hearing the gun shot, according to the Sheriff's Office.
What they don't know is what led up to the shooting and what, if any relationship there is between the victim and the suspect or suspects. Detectives are interviewing witnesses for more information.West did not know whether the children had been taken away by Child Protective Services or questioned.