- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Des Moines woman killed in one-car rollover in I-5 Saturday night
A 20-year-old Des Moines woman died Saturday night in a one-car rollover accident on a major access onramp from southbound Interstate 5 to Sea-Tac Airport, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Katerina M. Valavala was driving the 2004 Mitsubishi Montero southbound on I-5. She missed the State Route 518 exit, made a quick turn to the right and hit a curb, which caused the car to roll over, according to the state patrol.
Three girls in their teens who were passengers in the car were transported to Harborview Medical Center.
The accident at about 8:45 p.m. closed the onramp for more than an hour.