- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
70-year-old bike rider dies of injuries in Logan Avenue collision in Renton
A 70-year-old man believed to be from Federal Way died early Friday morning of injuries he suffered late Thursday afternoon when his bike and an SUV collided on Logan Avenue North.
The man’s name hasn’t been released, but his last known address is in Federal Way, according to Renton Police Detective Robert Onishi. He died at 12:28 a.m. The accident occurred near Renton Memorial Stadium just after 5 p.m. and was reported by multiple calls to 911.
The man was attempting to cross the northbound lanes of Logan Avenue North westbound, when he was struck by a northbound SUV traveling at about the speed limit, according to a Renton Police Department press release.
The victim had a bike helmet strapped to his bike, but he was not wearing it at the time of collision, according to the release. The SUV driver was interviewed, and no arrests have been made.
Any witnesses to this collision who have not already spoken with investigators are asked to call the Renton Police Department at 425-430-7500, reference case 11-7804.