Renton house heavily damaged when food on stove catches fire
April 29, 2011 · 10:07 PM
A fire started by food cooking on a stove caused extensive damage Friday afternoon to a house in the 800 block of Olympia Avenue Northeast, according to the Renton Fire and Life Safety.
Flames were coming out of both the front and rear of the house upon fire crews arrival. Two occupants escaped, although one was burned on the legs. They were treated at the scene and transported to a local hospital.
Two family pets were located inside and fire crews were able to resuscitate one that police transported to a local vet.
One firefighter was treated at the scene for dehydration.
Loss is figured at $100,000 for contents and $150,000 for the structure which sustained heavy damage.