For the Reporter:
To kick off the holiday season, Ivar’s will o-fish-ally open Clam Lights, one of the largest public light displays on the Eastside, on Friday, Nov. 30. Park greenery, holiday scenes and, of course, Ivar’s famous Dancing Clams, will be covered in thousands of twinkling lights. While there, spectators can also enjoy Ivar’s Famous Santa Clam, Argosy Christmas Ship, Rainier Yacht Club Boat Parade, festive tunes from local musicians, warm chowder or hot chocolate by Ivar’s and, new to 2018, a selfie-station with Santa and Mrs. Clause in Santa’s sleigh.
Friday, Nov. 30 at 6:15 p.m.
Opening night activities include:
- 6:15 p.m.: Performance by Lindbergh High School Vocal Jazz Ensemble
- 6:15 p.m.: Selfie-station with Santa and Mrs. Claus in Santa’s Sleigh
- 6:15 p.m.: Photos with strolling Ivar’s clam character
- 7 p.m.: Official welcome and lighting
- 7:30 p.m.: Rainier Yacht Club’s Parade of Boats
- 8 p.m.: Argosy Christmas Ship featuring The Dickens Characters
Lighting display continues nightly, 5 to 9 p.m., through Jan. 1, 2018.
Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park: 1201 Lake Washington Blvd N, Renton, WA 98056
– Lighting ceremony igniting the park’s greenery with thousands of twinkling lights
– Dancing “Santa” Clam in full costume kicking off the ceremony
– Parents and their kids enjoying the festivities
– Argosy Christmas ships sailing by and carolers singing
– Selfie station with Santa and Mrs. Claus
For more information visit the Clam Lights website