It’s time to show off your commitment to a green world, kids. King County is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Earth Heroes at School program.
The program recognizes students, teachers, staff, school volunteers, programs and schools that are protecting the environment and teaching others to do the same.
Nominations for this year’s awards are due March 1 and winners will be honored at an event this spring, according to a press release.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
- Waste reduction, reuse or recycling
- Food waste prevention or food waste collection for composting
- Household hazardous waste prevention or management
- Sustainable gardening, landscaping or building
- Climate change education or greenhouse gas emissions reduction
To enter a nomination, visit http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/solid-waste/programs/education/earth-heroes/earth-heroes-nominations.aspx.
For more information about the Earth Heroes at School program, visit http://kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/solid-waste/programs/education/earth-heroes.aspx.