- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
4 Renton bands rock UnDisCoVerEd indie music fest
Four local bands rocked Harambee Church last weekend with UnDisCoVerEd, an indie-only music festival in Renton.
"The shows were amazing, great music all around," said organizer Nich Sullivan.
About 15 local crafters joined the show with their wares.
The group raised about $300 for Childhood Cancer Sucks, a Renton organization for children with cancer.
The event was unique to Renton, pulling together independent musicians and crafters for one event. It only pulled in about 75 people.
"We just have to remember it's a bulding block," Sullivan said, whose made it a mission to build a music scene in Renton. "It wasn't the last one of its kind. It's only the first."
Alongside the bands there was a ballet performance from Spotlight Dancers and an acrobat couple performed during the music.
Four bands played Cock and Swan, Young Lions, Sweet Secrets and See Me River, which was a homecoming performance for band leader Kerry Zettel.